Season of World Cinema announced for Seanscoil Sailearna, Indreabhán
A new season of film will commence in Seanscoil Sailearna, Indreabhán on Thursday, the 29th September with Victoria, a highly acclaimed new film from Germany.
Each Thursday evening, between now and Christmas, a total of 10 films picked from the best of world cinema, from various countries in various languages, will be shown with English subtitles. Seanscoil Sailearna is a wonderful venue: big screen, tiered comfortable seating and great sound system.
The film season is organised by local film club, Club Scannán Sailearna, in association with Access Cinema and with the assistance of a small grant from Galway County Council.
Membership in the Club Scannán can be obtained at the beginning of the season for € 30 (€ 25), which covers the full season of 10 films, or the alternative is to pay at the door € 8 (€ 7) per film, if you should prefer.
The films scheduled for the Autumn Season are listed below:
- 29 September: Victoria (Germany 2015)
- 06 October: Son of Saul (Hungary 2015)
- 13 October: Atlantic (Ireland 2015)
- 20 October: Summertime (France 2015)
- 27 October: Fire at Sea (Italy 2016)
- 03 November: Dheepan (France 2015)
- 10 November: Men and Chicken (Denmark / Germany 2015)
- 17 November: Labyrinth of Lies (Germany 2014)
- Extra screening 24 November: The Assassin (Taiwan, China, Hong Kong 2015)
- 01 December: Mustang (France / Turkey / Germany 2015)
- 08 December: Marguerite (France / Czech Republic / Belgium 2015)
Further Information on the films, as well as a short trailer will be available on our website clubscannan.ie. Enquiries to Dan (087) 8168629 or Donncha (086) 4048881.