Season of World Cinema announced for Seanscoil Sailearna, Indreabhán
Covid 19 Update
On the 6th of October the Irish Government implemented level 3 restrictions across the state. Under level 3 indoor theatre-based events are not permitted. This means that we have to cancel some of the films planned for this season and that our Autumn Season will not begin until 29th of October at the earliest.
A decision on this will be taken and announced here nearer that date. In the meantime we will be contacting all those who have already bought tickets in order to arrange a refund.
Club Scannán Sailearna are delighted to present another wonderful season of world cinema in Seanscoil Sailearna, Indreabhán.
Due to Covid 19 you will have to buy your ticket here in advance of the screenings. We are looking forward to seeing you at the club!
Every Thursday evening throughout the season the best films from around the world are shown in their native languages with English subtitles. Seanscoil Sailearna is a wonderful venue with a large cinema screen, comfortable tiered seating and a great sound system.
Each film season is organised by local film club, Club Scannán Sailearna, in association with Access Cinema and with the assistance of Galway County Council.
Membership in the Club costs € 35, and covers the full season of films, or if you prefer you can pay € 8 for any single film.
The films scheduled for the current season are listed below:
- 08 October: Portrait of a Lady on Fire (France 2019)
- 15 October: Burning (South Korea 2018)
- 22 October: Talking About Trees (Sudan, Chad 2019)
- 29 October: Finky (Éire 2019)
- 05 November: The Truth (France, Japan 2019)
- 12 November: Monos (Colombia, Argentina 2019)
- 19 November: In the Aisles (Germany 2018)
- 26 November: And Then We Danced (Sweden, Georgia 2019)
- 03 December: Les Misérables (France 2019)
- 10 December: Pain and Glory (Spain 2019)
As usual film commences at 8.15pm, in the Seanscoil, Indreabhán, on Thursday evening, October 8th.