Season of World Cinema announced for Seanscoil Sailearna, Indreabhán
A new season of film will commence in Seanscoil Sailearna, Indreabhán on Thursday, the 14th January with The Connection.
Each Thursday evening, between now and March, a total of 10 films picked from the best of world cinema, from various countries in various languages, will be shown with English subtitles. Seanscoil Sailearna is a wonderful venue: big screen, tiered comfortable seating and great sound system.
The film season is organised by local film club, Club Scannán Sailearna, in association with Access Cinema and with the assistance of a small grant from Galway County Council.
Membership in the Club Scannán can be obtained at the beginning of the season for € 30 (€ 25), which covers the full season of 10 films, or the alternative is to pay at the door € 8 (€ 7) per film, if you should prefer.
The films scheduled for the Spring Season are listed below:
- 14 January: The Connection (France 2014)
- 21 January: The Second Mother (Brazil 2014)
- 28 January: Theeb (Quatar, Jordan 2014)
- 04 February: Quai d’Orsay (France 2013)
- 11 February: A Girl at my Door (South Korea 2014)
- 18 February: 13 Minutes (Germany 2015)
- 25 February: It’s all so Quiet (Netherlands 2013)
- 03 March: Taxi Tehran (Iran 2015)
- 10 March: Deargdhúil (Ireland 2015)
- 24 March: In the Courtyard (France 2013)
Further Information on the films, as well as a short trailer will be available on our website clubscannan.ie. Enquiries to Dan (087) 8168629 or Donncha (086) 4048881.